Linggo, Oktubre 4, 2015

Highlands Vietnamese Coffee in Lucena

Today, is International Coffee Day (I've read on FB). And since I owe all my write-ups to cups of hot envigorating coffee, imma write something about one of the best coffee place in town.
In March 2012, under a partnership with Digital Paradise/Netopia, the first private coffee shop chain in Vietnam which was first opened in Hanoi was brought to Philippines. It is the brainchild of David Thai and chains quickly spread all over Vietnam.
Highlands coffee has the Southeast Asian favorite, called Vietnamese Drip coffee. When I was in Vietnam, I ordered coffee in the hotel I stayed at and the hotel manager asked me, 'What type of Vietnamese coffee do you like? We have two. One is where an aluminum or stainless steel filter is placed atop a glass to compress the coffee grounds into a super-dense layer through which hot water is filtered and dripped onto a condensed milk. And the other is instant coffee placed in a filter and boiling water poured over, then poured over again onto a glass with condensed milk.' With her Vietnamese accent, I only understood a tenth of what she said, perhaps even less since her explanation of the two types sounded the same to me. I courteously responded, 'Whatever is best please choose for me.' And the staff served the drip coffee.

The dripping takes about five minutes, its like watching raindrops leaking from the ceiling,resulting to a thick and rich strong caffeine.

Highlands also serves pastries and a very expensive trying hard banh mhi sandwich. Banh mhi sandwich sold in the streets of Vietnam only costs a dollar or two and tastes deliciously satisfying full of veggies and meat. They should improve their banh mhi lest will stain their good standing. I think my verdict is worth stating
They also have frappes that has the right blend of sweetness and caffeine. If do not want the strong brew of drip coffee you can also opt for their normal cup of coffee.
Highlands coffee is located in SM City Lucena Branch - Ground Level, SM City LucenaDalahican cor. Pagbilao Rd., National RoadLucena, Quezon, Philippines.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento