Linggo, Oktubre 18, 2015

The Mystery of Minalungao

Describing the Minalungao National Park needs endless synonyms for 'beautiful'. I was surrounded by rich variations of brown and gray rock formation. And the effulgence of  sky light made the deep emerald color of the river that flows between a marvelous 16-meters high limestone look sullen yet grand.
 It is located in Barangay Minalungao at municipality of General Tinio, Nueva Ecija. The river has the quiet that seemed dreamy and eternal, and behind its beauty that emanates is a superstition. They say that an 'engkanto' (fairy), guards the Penaranda river, every year the river has its victim and takes the life of a handsome man. 
To see the entire national park, you can choose to trail along the side of the rock formation or opt for an easier and relaxing trail by renting a bamboo raft. I am not the thrill-seeking type of traveler. I'm more like an observer culturati who loves history, food and the people more than physical and extreme adventure. But this time, I chose to get to the end of the park by foot.
My friends wanted to explore the caves and told them I would just wait for them outside. I am afraid of being inside dark caves, paranoid of earthquakes and fear of being trapped inside. But our tourguide said they would exit the other side of the cave which is the shortcut to the end of the park.
Leaving me with no other option, I went with them and entered a cave for the first time in my entire life, an achievement! Shimmering stalactites and stalagmites can be seen inside with the aid of flashlight.
'Twas probably the most tiring and extremely worth it adventure I have ever had.
Bamboo rafting 
Going to Minalungao, expect a long rough road that looks like you're in a Wrong Turn movie. The park covered 2018 hectares and recognized as a protected area from mining. After swimming in the cool waters we found an emerald looking stone which my friend kept.
How to get there:

Ride a bus bound for Cabanatuan, (Baliwag Transit, Five Star, and ES Transport) at EDSA Cubao and drop to town proper of Gapan.

From Gapan, there are jeepneys and tricycles that can bring you to Papaya Gen. Tinio, Nueva Ecija.

At Papaya Gen. Tinio Municipal Mall, hire a tricycle going to Minalungao and negotiate for a roundtrip fare.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento