Martes, Hulyo 23, 2013

Mongkok of Kowloon West

My first two days in Kowloon West were spent strolling around Tsim Sha Tsui TST, without any itinerary plans and definitely nowhere to go. Two days were a routine of walking around with my friend Arene, going to the supermarket to shop for food and eating at McDonalds and KFC. It was fun getting lost in HK in the middle of nowhere 'cos amazingly you won't really get lost in the city as the transportations are tourist friendly. In our travails of lazily trying to find a hole-in-the-wall restaurant we ended up going to Mong Kok, one of Hong Kong's liveliest districts that includes popular markets, shopping streets, stalls and malls, a mixture of old and new multi-story buildings, with shops and restaurants at street level and commercial or residential units above.
As soon as we embarked off the bus, extreme heat evoked languid feeling so we ended up eating at the first restaurant that caught our eyes. All the tables were customized were you can find the utensils and condiments  in a drawer slid under.
I forgot the name of the restaurant, the staff though they do not speak english were very hospitable. The drinking water served to every customers was hot as in chinese medicine, they believe that drinking cold water will drain your energy because your body will have to use energy to warm it up. Where if you drink hot water, it helps aid in digestion, breaks down the fatty things you consume, and prevents heart attacks.
The usual, I won't eat before I take photos of my foods. Too hopped up on happiness of seeing my dishes I never give a rats ass about remembering the name of what I eat. All I can remember was the pork was ovened and fried and it comes with a hot lemon juice, appetizing for 65 HKD :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento