Miyerkules, Oktubre 22, 2014

Arya

I've always been a fan of middle eastern food, and it is very painful that none of my friends prefer the cuisine. They are always in disagreement with me everytime I propose the idea of eating or going persian, indian or arabian. Most Filipinos don't like the strong smell of the food which I really enjoy eating. From the tales of my father who stayed years in middle east to the story of princess jasmine and Aladdin i got very hooked up with the culture and the authentic persian and arabic food. One saturday, we got out early from graduate class and i dragged my classmate to watch a movie with me, since we were an hour early we decided to while away our time by having an early dinner. I asked her if we could try Arya and she instantly acknowledged my suggestion.

Arya is a term frequently used in Buddhism that can be translated as "noble", "not ordinary", "valuable", "precious", "pure", etc. but anyways, Arya is a restaurant in Robinsons Mall Ermita that serves Persian cuisine. The owner according to my research is Filipino-Iranian chef. (I thought Iranians are strict when it comes to interracial marriage/relationship?)

My favorite Humus and pita bread, (i love Mediterranean humus)
While chatting away, I discovered that she also likes these foods. Perfect!
Sheikh Kebab
Their Biryani Rice is so simple and cheap hehe, no one can replace Hussein's biryani in my heart.
Me on a magic carpet ride holding my magic bottle! :P

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento