Sabado, Hulyo 25, 2015

BACOLOD by itinerary

I am the type of traveler who would know how to arrange  my travel or cross border Odyssey on my own based from research and google. I do list down the popular destinations or spots I want to visit but I don't necessarily follow an itinerary. So it was different the last time when I traveled with my friends. Ren, my friend made an itinerary which to my surprise we followed religiously the time we got to the destination. Everytime I ask her to skip one spot we couldn't easily find, she would fret and flip telling me we should follow her itinerary she copied from 'Byahe ni Drew".

.....so here goes her itineray....

Bacolod Itinerary (December 05 -06)
Day 01: Bacolod
·         Arrival in Bacolod Silay Airport @ 5:50am


·         Tour in Silay City - Paris of Negros
How to get there from the airport:
ü  Airport Shuttle Service approximately 10mins via J. Pitong Ledesma Street; drop off at Rizal Street 

Places to visit:

Ø  El Ideal Bakery for Breakfast (118 Rizal Street)

§  Drop off to El Ideal is just 1min by walking for us 5mins

The van dropped us off near the bakery. We arrived too early, the bakery was still closed. And we had to eat here since eating here was what was dictated on her itinerary, so we had to wait.
It was cool to eat here. The place must have been really famous. Imagine a bakery in the province that offers dining and pasalubong.
 One of the best pasalubong. We snacked on some dried squid while discussing where to go next.
My brekky!


§  El Ideal to Pink House ; 10min-walk (just go straight ahead to Rizal St)
Ø  Don Bernardino - Jalandoni Ancestral House - Pink House (Rizal St)

Ø  San Diego Cathedral - must visit! Looks like St. Peter's Basilica in Rome
§  Pink House to San Diego Cathedral and Silay City Hall; 7min-walk (right to Burgos St - left to Roque Hofileña St - left to Zamora St)

Ø  Picture at Silay City Hall
Ø  Angel Araneta Ledesma House - Green House (Gamboa St)
§  Silay City Hall to Green House; 2min-walk (from Zamora St turn right to Gamboa St)
§   Green House to Hofileña; 3min-walk (from Gamboa St turn left to Burgos St - left to Cinco de Noviembre St)

Ø  Hofileña Ancestral House (Cinco De Noviembre St) 
§  Hofileña to my hacienda; 1min-walk (beside each other)
§  My Hacienda to Balay Negrense; 3 min-walk (same street)

Ø  Carlos JAVELOSA Jalandoni Ancestral House :) (Cinco De Noviembre St)

Ø  Balay Negrense - Heritage House and Museum (Cinco De Noviembre St)
What's with the colored houses? seriously.

§  Done in Silay City


·         Talisay City
Ø  The Ruins
Ø  Go Hotel to leave things or if possible to check in

§  Go Hotels to The Ruins; approx 20mins by transpo
We had to ride a jeepney going to Talisay and ride another tricycle to take us to The Ruins. Tourists are gold mine here. Tricycle drivers charge so high, taxi/cab charge high as well 

My friends paid Php 95 and I paid P 40 since I'm a graduate student :P

The beautiful Taj Mahal of Philippines
LUNCH


·         Murcia City
Ø  Mambukal Mountain Resort
Trekking to 7 Waterfalls, Zipline

§  Libertad Terminal minibus ride going to Mambukal

There were no airconditioned buses. 
I don't get why we went here, upon arrival my two friends got us a Tour Guide to see the 7 Waterfalls.
I was surprised again for the nth time we had to Trek to see those waterfalls. We were not prepared, I was wearing my ballet shoes and I had my heavy camera with me. 
My first time in a long time to Trek, in my ballet shoes. 

Ø  Back to Hotel to change clothes, freshen up, rest
We had to be at the foothill exactly at 5:30PM to catch the last bus at 6:00 PM. The window of the minibus was open my face caught all the dirt carried by the wind. 

Ø  Manokan Country for Dinner
Bacolod is famous for 'Chicken Inasal' and according to Byahe ni Drew, Aida's Restaurant is the best place to get the authentic inasal.

 My favorite! Oysters
 The 'authentic' bacolod chicken inasal

 The day was freaking tiring
 The adventurous mates I've got


Ø  Party!!!! 
(Ren's itinerary says PARTY, which never happened)

Ø  Bong-Bong's pasalubong (GaisanoCity)



Day 02: Bacolod to Dumaguete

·         ETD in Go Hotels @ 6:00am to catch the 6:55am trip to Dumaguete
·         Off to South Terminal; 15 mins from Go Hotel
(From Lacson Street turn left to Luzuriaga Street then right to Lopez Jaena Street)

The evergreen plains and field of Bacolod, Negros Occidental

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento