Sabado, Abril 25, 2015

Manam, a great place for food adventure

My best friend decided to move back to Manila, and as a welcome I convinced her to treat me out. We decided to meet in Greenbelt and looked for a Filipino comfort food resto. I wanted to eat in an Indian or Middle East Restaurant but since we don't have the same preference when it comes to food and since she'd be paying I obediently obliged. 
We found Manam in Greenbelt 2 right below Burger Bar. I was a little disappointed we'd be eating not in my favorite restaurants, I could actually cajole my bestfriend to try another place but on the other hand, what I had in mind was, why not give it a shot?
What intrigued me was the restaurant's name, Manam. The word Manam in Tamil language would actually mean greatness or excellency. So why Manam? Is it from one of Philippine dialects?
Upon seeing the menu, I was able to amuse myself scanning the Filipino dishes they have that don't seem ordinary. All are with a certain interesting twist you'd be excited to try them.
Lechon kawali with choice of alamang and gravy as dip garnished with shredded manggang hilaw.

Tiger prawns with aligi-killer! 
Sinigang na Beef Shortribs & Watermelon
The watermelon and the tomato fusion created a sour flavor with a sweet aftertaste. I yearn for flavors like this, truly exquisite and I love pairing such with fried rice for a salty balance.
Garlic Rice

Level 1, Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center, Makati City

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento