Sabado, Abril 18, 2015

Sans rival bistro in Dumaguete

Back in my first trimester of graduate school, we were required to pass our Tourism Planning subject by drawing the map of Philippines complete with labels of city, province and region, and regional capital. (Including Spratly Island) Starting from a blank piece of paper, you'll realize how Philippines is so fragmented, gives me irritating feeling how I prioritized exploring other Asian countries rather than my home country. Drawing the map would have been easier had I the familiarity of each destination. Much more if I've been there, I'll know it by heart.
Last December, I had a travel breakout. One was in Dumaguete in the Philippine province of Negros Oriental. It is the capital, principal seaport, and largest city of the province. I got invited by my friend staying there, who is not a Filipino but is proud of the beauty of the place. Makes me guilty how a foreigner  persuaded me to explore parts of Philippines instead of me doing such.
One of the highlights of the hip and urbane Dumaguete is Sans Rival Cakes & Pastries. It has a separate place for buying pasalubong like the famous silvannas, and a bistro restaurant offering countryside menu.
The menu offers are continental meals which fit the tastebuds of tourists and other nationalities who prefer to stay in Dumaguete. The inside of the restaurant was incredibly homey and posh at the same time. I was starstrucked I forgot to take a picture.
We chose to dine outside to feel the breeze. It was one of my most spectacular mornings even if I was not feeling well due to lack of sleep and headache.
Why do I feel like I'm in Mexico?



Sans Rival Cakes and Pastries

#3 San Jose St.,Rizal Blvd Dumagete City

Negros Oriental, Philippines

Contact No.: (035) 2254440

(035) 4229482

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento