Lunes, Abril 27, 2015

Milo everywhere in Sabah

We had a reservation in Gaya hotel but last minute upon arrival at the airport we changed our mind. We paid an additional 50% late night surcharge for our taxi fare and it was expensive so we had to change our hotel We stayed 20minutes ride away from Gaya. And the area was a bore, it's for tourists who want some quite time. However there  are a lot of hotels around the area. 
First thing in the morning we looked for a convenience store and we found orange. Okay so there are no 7/11 stores around really. 
Everytime I visit another country I always check their 7/11. It's what other tourists do as well, there I can instantly find interesting things and food that I take home. 😆 But there was nothing interesting at Orange Store, what took my attention was the milo candy pack. It's my childhood favorite! 
And we found no artsy cafes around the area! We found a sort of eatery and they offer laksa a Malaysian dish you have to try. Signboards of their offers are noticeably displayed on walls. And we couldn't help notice the special inclusion of Milo on the layouts/displays. Are they selling milos too?
And  tables have milo ad stickers too! Not too mention every table has hard boiled eggs  ready served.
Days after we got to check Sabah's supermarket, aside from different brands of Malaysian coffee there were a lot of chocolate drinks too! If in Philippines people love instant juice, in Sabah they love chocolate drinks. I remembered my grandma, she used to send me loads and loads of Nesquick!
People can take a break from Milo and coffee, With Horlicks out in the market, which resembles the taste of ovaltine haha. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento